SOS guide for Maid of Honours everywhere!
No one really prepares you for being a Maid of Honour…
- Emotional breakdowns; This comes in many forms and for many reasons, however as terrifying as this sounds this is probably the least of your worries! If you’ve been assigned Maid of Honour, I’m sure you have witnessed many years of broken hearts, ugly crying, hissy fits and silly strops. Dealing with this girl when she gets in a mood like this? Please, it’s a piece of cake..or chocolate..; get her laughing, put her in front of the tv, buy her wine – whatever it is that normally sorts her out, take pride in this moment – you’re a pro at this!
- Erratical decisions; When your bride turns to you and is exclaiming how much she desperately needs 7 giant balloons with the faces of all her distant friends and family on because they cant attend the wedding. Then excitedly exclaims that at only £500 a balloon she just really can’t not. Unfortunately, its gonna be your job to be the one to pop that balloon and pull her back down to earth. Surely the honey moon (and not giving your future life partner a heart attack) is more important than a giant rubber clone of your great twice removed cousin you’ve never met from Queens?
- Random spurts of Panic; Normally about a year before the wedding your bride will suddenly panic that nothing is done! You may witness her freak out (like she did the first time she thought she could be pregnant), when you tell her you haven’t decided on your nail varnish colour for the wedding yet. Believe me, this is normal and not personal! Be reassuring (its a big maid of honour job) try list all the things she has decided on and emphasise how much time she has to sort everything, maybe even make a list of everything that needs to be done and when by – its going to be fine – the pregnancy test turned out negative right?
- The Hen do Stress; whether you’re doing a surprise thing or she is choosing, if it gets stressful (I say ‘if’ but I most defiantly mean ‘when’) I can guarantee your bride will come out with this statement at least 10 times ‘arghh do you know what, I don’t even want a Hen do anymore‘…This is almost as big a lie as when us girls say we are ‘fine’ – Of course she wants a hen do! She is just gutted that Susie from work and Jane from Yoga still won’t sit in the same room together after their drunken fight at your birthday last year… If this is occurring, take her out of the equation for a while, take charge and assure her those people don’t matter – if it ends up just being the two of you on a mad night out it will still be the best weekend of her life! You’ve never needed anyone else to have fun anyway!
- Tears; You will get stressful irrational tears from your bride yes..but the most tears you are gonna notice is your own! Every moment that your beautiful best friend is standing their in THE dress, suddenly nothing else about the wedding matters. It is not a fake movie moment, believe me I was sceptical that ‘you just know’ but i’m telling you now..you really do just know, and it is the best feeling. Make sure she waits for that moment because when its the right dress then the tears will com. – only then is it the right one.
Being Maid of honour is important, and it can be stressful but you also have the most amazing honour. Planning and getting excited about the most important day of your best friends life, and sharing not just the day but everything leading up to it. See our Brides and Bridesmaids page to view our beautiful photographs that have captured priceless moments between brides and their best friends!
Read more about us as a Suffolk Wedding Photographer, and see us at some of the most beautiful venues in the area!
A Perfect Hintlesham Hall Evening…
An absolutely stunning wedding at one of our favourite venues, Hintlesham Hall! As the sun dropped behind the gorgeous country house hotel the venue having already adapted from their ceremony transformed once again from a formal dinner to a spotlight dance floor for our two newly weds. The crowds parted as Lindsay and Simon entered for their anticipated first dance. Watching these two so full of love glide around the floor completely absorbed in one another was truly magical. It was impossible to not get drawn into their love which radiated off them, and to capture their pure happiness became easier and easier as they laughed and held each others gaze, completely oblivious to the rest of the world around them.
Lindsay and Simon are such a fun loving couple their first dance had a unique twist! These two didn’t just hold each other on the floor – they spun and laughed the whole time! What caught my eye throughout the whole dance though was Lindsay’s beautiful dress! It was so elegantly designed, with the detail of lace that is stitched throughout, its classical look matched the charming decor of Hintlesham Hall. If you are looking for a slim fitting dress this is absolutely ideal, the fishtail finish at the bottom of the dress swings perfectly on the dance floor but still keeps a slender design. It’s a wonder Mark had any shoes left as we never saw him leave the dance floor after this point!…well maybe to pop to the bar..!
From the outside Hintelsham Hall stands still in the moons glow, however inside is a different story! The floor flooded with friends and family dancing the night away to an upbeat mix of tunes lead by DJ deano. The large mirrors on each side of the room reflect the streaks of flashing lights which capture every movement from the dancers on the floor in front. Hintlesham Halls large room filled to the brim with festivity and life, a night perfectly well spent!
Lindsay’s Dress: The Suffolk Bridal Company
Simon’s Outfit: Jonathan Trumbull
Entertainment: Dj Deano
Come and visit us at Belstead Brook wedding Fayre, this coming Sunday, 21st February 2016
If you like our work and consider us to be your wedding photographers, come and meet us at Hintlesham Hall
The Wedding Open Day is this coming Sunday, 11th Oct 2015.
Hintlesham Hall is a gorgeous wedding venue with very professional and friendly staff as well as hundreds fantastic opportunities to take beautiful pictures!
We ourselves had our wedding there last year :). The photos of us are by the brilliant photographers Mark Ashworth, Gavin Woollart & Annika Metsla.
Brand fresh “Suffolk Ceremony” wedding magazine – proud to be on the cover with the photograph of Victoria and Adam at Easton Grange Wedding Venue, inside the article about “Why marry in Suffolk” – Vanessa & Matt whose wedding was at Barrandov Opera Wedding Venue, Georgie & Jamie whose wedding was at Isaacs on the Quay and Victoria & Adam. All photos by A Little Box of Memories
This post is about LOVE.
Love from the first moment. Love that will last forever. Love that takes your breath away. Its a combination of freedom and beauty what is hard to put in words. You just have to feel it. Its Tuscany. Explorers, writers, all kind of artists famous worldwide have admired this magical part of the world.
We are not good in words or painting, just took some pictures trying to share what we felt.
We have been lucky having a chance to photograph weddings in the most amazing Lake Como area. In August this year, having 4 days between 2 weddings, we decided to visit Tuscany. Never regret, never forget! Asking for some advice what to see, where to go and not to miss the most incredible views, from our good friend and beautiful wedding coordinator Sabina Domenici, she answered: “You just can’t miss it, the views are everywhere … ” . This was true.
Rented a cute Mini Cooper…. and off we go.
Have you ever had the feeling that its too amazing, that its hard to take it all in …
Steve has always been inspired by Tuscany photography. So this was his chance …. he was out with his camera at sun rise and sun set, dawn and dusk, rain and sun :). And me – being “notmorningpersonatall” – managed to join him for one sun rise at 4.30 🙂
Hope we’ll inspire you,
Lots of love, Jana & Steve
A beautiful wedding of Vanessa & Matt! The ceremony took place at St Peters Church Copdock, http://copdockwashbrook.onesuffolk.net/churches
The reception at the Barrandov Opera in Needham Market, which is possibly Britain’s smallest and most intimate opera house, the fulfilment of an opera lover’s dream inspired by the cultural tradition of Prague, http://www.barrandov.co.uk/
The weddings @Barrandov Opera are always very inspiring with so big variety to create beautiful memories, We just love the grounds, lakes and the fields around. This time of the year the colors are brilliant!
18 years ago Steve photorgaphed Vanessa’s sisters wedding where Vanessa was a bridesmaid, only 15 years old 🙂
Its a year ago now from Vanessa & Matt’s wedding, CONGRATULATIONS to you both, we wish you a long life together with lots of love and happiness!
This is our very first blog post. Feels like we have joined the “club” now.
We are very pleased with our new and fresh web site and would like to thank two brilliant guys, who have worked hard for quite a long time to build it up. Thank you Henry & Juhani !
We would like to thank all our amazing wedding couples as well. Thank you for your kind words and trusting. We wish you all the happiness, light and love.
Yours, Steve & Jana